The Belmo Boom Eliminator Tournament Rules powered by Lanetalk
IMPORTANT. Please read these Contest Rules carefully as they constitute a legally binding contract between you and Lanetalk AB.
All suspicious scoring activity, including but not limited to, excessive frame adjustments, will be evaluated on a case by case basis by Lanetalk and could result in disqualification from the current event and any future Lanetalk competitions.
Contest Participation and Advancing in Each Round
Rounds of Play
Participants who participate and advance into the Grand Finale will be awarded prizes set forth on the Tournament Web site https://belmoboom.com/how-to-win/.
Each cash award will be payable by an international Swift wire transfer made out to the name of the participant entitled to such award (“winner”). The Giveaways will be sent to the participant winner after the Sponsor has received the contact information to the participant. The awards that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable, or exchangeable for any other prize or award. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, Lanetalk reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s award or change an award, in its sole discretion. Awards will be awarded up to approximately 6 weeks after confirmation of the affidavit is complete. All determinations of the winners shall be made by Lanetalk in its sole and absolute discretion based upon the results of Contest play, and is final and non-appealable. Contest Bowling Scores as reflected in the Lanetalk Platform is final, determinable and binding on all participants. By entering the Contest, participants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules (and any terms referenced herein) and the decisions of Lanetalk made in its sole discretion, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Except for the prize set forth in this Section, a winner is entitled to no other fee, prize, compensation or any other thing, matter or item whatsoever.
the event of a force majeure event, an act of war (whether declared or not),
hostilities, invasion, act of foreign enemies, terrorism or civil disorder,
government act, rule or declaration, environmental hazards, flood, hurricanes,
tornado, fire, a strike or strikes or other industrial action or blockade or
embargo or any other form of civil disturbance (whether lawful or not), adverse
weather condition, earthquake or any other natural disaster, discontinuation or
suspension of common carriers, or any other unforeseeable circumstances beyond
the control of Lanetalk or Participating Center against which it would be
unreasonable, impossible, impermissible, or impractical for the Contest to
occur, Lanetalk may suspend or terminate Contest play without penalty or
Participants represent and warrant that it is the sole and exclusive creator of the Works and that no third party ownership rights exist to any Works. Participant hereby agrees that all Works once submitted, delivered, given, uploaded, posted, transmitted, communicated, or otherwise shall constitute works made for hire owned exclusively by Lanetalk and its designees, including Sponsor. If, by operation of law, the ownership of Works does not automatically vest in Lanetalk, participant will take necessary steps to assign ownership to Lanetalk and its designates, including Sponsor. Prior to any such assignment, participant will hold such rights in the Works in trust for the sole right and benefit of Lanetalk, its affiliates, their designees, including Sponsor. As a precaution against the event that a Work, or any element or component thereof, is by operation of law not considered to be a work made for hire, and to ensure the complete and absolute vesting of all rights, title, interests and intellectual property rights therein and thereto exclusively in Lanetalk, participant hereby unconditionally and irrevocably transfers, conveys, assigns, sets over, and quitclaims to Lanetalk and its successors and assigns, and their designees, including Sponsor, all rights, title, and interests of every kind and nature, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, and every other proprietary right (including all renewal and extension rights with respect thereto) which participant may have or hereafter acquire in the Work, or any improvement thereof, or any element or component of any of the foregoing, whether created by participant, Lanetalk, or a third party, without any additional consideration free and clear of any liens or encumbrances. To the extent that moral rights or any other intellectual property right or interest cannot be assigned under applicable law, participant hereby waives, to the maximum extent permitted by law, such rights and interests and consents to any action of Lanetalk or Lanetalk’s successors, licensees, assigns or designees, including Sponsor, that would violate such rights and interests. If such Works are not by operation of law considered property owned by Lanetalk or its designees, including Sponsor, participant hereby is deemed to have given Lanetalk and Sponsor authorization, permission, approval, consent to use, and the perpetual, unrestricted, irrevocable, unconditional, sublicensable, transferable, assignable, absolute, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, display, duplicate, form a derivative work, access, store, copy, rearrange, sell, lease, rent, redistribute, modify, alter, archive, translate, create derivative works, loan, pledge, granting of a security interest, granting of a lien, encumber, convey, download, exchange, exhibit, perform, exploit, upload, transmit, broadcast, host, index, cache, tag, encode, compile, adapt, create a collection with, publish, or disassemble the Work, anywhere in the world, for any purpose, in or related to any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). In such event, participant shall protect and defend, at his/her own cost and expense, its interest in and to the Work from and against all claims, liens and legal processes and shall not assign, sell, encumber, use or transfer his interest therein in a manner which would adversely affect Lanetalk’s or its designee’s, including Sponsor’s, rights thereto.
All rights granted or agreed to be granted by participant hereunder to Lanetalk shall vest in Lanetalk automatically and immediately upon participant’s creation and submission, delivery or provision of an entry and/or Work to Lanetalk, and shall remain perpetually vested in Lanetalk and its successors and assigns. Participant shall, without any additional consideration, take all actions and execute and deliver all documents (and cause its employees, contractors, agents and representatives to do the same) as Lanetalk may reasonably request to effectuate the acknowledgment of ownership of the Work. Participant shall not reuse the Work, or any intermediate or partial version thereof, or any derivative work based upon the Work without Lanetalk’s express written consent, which consent may be withheld by Lanetalk in its sole discretion.
Lanetalk is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, postage-due, technically corrupted or garbled communication, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
9. Contest Administration. Participants hereby fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Rules, and the decisions of the Contest officials and Lanetalk will be final, binding and non-appealable in all matters relating to the Contest. Lanetalk may administer, manage, supervise and coordinate the affairs of the Contest in its sole discretion.
10. The potential winners will be notified in person by an authorized representative of Lanetalk, or by email, phone, courier service or the regular mail or some other communication, and will be required to sign and return, where legal, a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. After verification of the Affidavit, the award will be mailed using courier services or regular mail, or emailed as applicable, or by another method of communication chosen by Lanetalk. If any award or award notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her award or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such award will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible participants as determined by Lanetalk in its sole discretion. Upon award forfeiture, no compensation will be given. The potential winner is subject to verification by Lanetalk, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. A participant is not a winner of any award unless and until participant’s eligibility, and the potential winner has been verified and participant has been notified that verification is complete.
11. All federal, foreign, international, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Lanetalk may require winners to submit documentation to permit it to comply with all applicable state, federal, foreign, international, and local tax reporting and all prizes will be net of any taxes Lanetalk is required by law to withhold. Winners may relay the prize to his/her sports- or bowling club, whereby any taxes will be the responsibility of such recipient of the prize.
12. Grant of Rights Each participant (including any winner), on their behalf and on behalf of their heirs, executors, heirs, executors, administrators, trustees, legal representatives and assigns, unconditionally and forever hereby grant to Lanetalk and its licensees, designees, including Sponsor, and their successors and assigns the perpetual, unrestricted, irrevocable, unconditional, sublicensable, transferable, assignable, absolute, royalty-free, worldwide right and license: (a) to make audio, photograph, video, fixed works, or other recordings (collectively, “recordings”) of participant’s and winner’s name, address (city and state), image, sounds, likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, actions, expressions, and/or any statements made by each participant and winner, including, without limitation, any voice, name, biographical information and likeness owned or controlled by any of them (collectively, “information sets”) in connection with the Contest or for any other purpose, and (b) to edit, make derivative works from, copy, distribute, exploit, broadcast, use and/or transmit such recordings and information sets in all manners, formats and media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity in such manner and to such extent as Lanetalk deems appropriate in connection with the Contest or for any other purpose. All rights of every kind in such recordings and information sets in all manners, formats and media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation all copyrights therein and all renewals, extensions and restorations of said copyrights), shall be solely owned throughout the universe in perpetuity by Lanetalk and its licensees, designees, including Sponsor, and their successors and assigns. The rights herein granted include, without limitation, all television rights, theatrical rights, home video and DVD rights, interactive cable rights, internet site rights, so-called “wireless” and mobile device rights (e.g., iPod, cellular phone, ringtones, mp3 player), digital distribution rights (e.g. streaming and download), computer-assisted media rights (including, without limitation, CD-ROM, CD-I, and other similar disc systems), and rights relating to any other devices or methods now existing or hereafter devised, with respect to the use of information sets in and in connection with the Contest and any derivative works thereof. All rights (including ownership and intellectual property rights) to such recordings and information sets are reserved in Lanetalk, its licensees, designees, including Sponsor, and their successors and assigns and are assignable, transferable and sublicensable. Lanetalk has sole discretion to use or not use any such recordings and information sets without notice. No participant, including any winner, is entitled to any proceeds, compensation, royalties, or other payment resulting from such recordings, information sets or the Contest or otherwise in connection with usage rights hereunder whatsoever. Any such recordings and information sets publicly distributed shall be subject to Lanetalk and its licensees, designees, including Sponsor, and their successors and assigns sole and exclusive discretion. Participant further agrees that Lanetalk and its licensees, designees, including Sponsor, and their successors and assigns may use all or any part of the information sets, and may alter or modify it, regardless of whether or not participant is recognizable. Participant further agrees that Lanetalk and its licensees, designees, including Sponsor, and their successors and assigns may use participant’s information set in connection with any marketing, promotion, publicity, advertisement, and/or merchandising for the Contest and any derivative works thereof.
Each participant represents and warrants that (i) there are (and will be) no restraints or limitations upon usage rights granted herein; (ii) there are no third party agreements or arrangements preventing participant from entering into and carrying out the obligations contemplated under these rules nor from granting the rights and benefits set forth herein; (iii) he/she will not at any time make any false, negative, defamatory or derogatory statements regarding Lanetalk or its properties, its licensees, designees, including Sponsor, or their successors and assigns.
Participation in the Contest constitutes each participant’s and winner’s permission for Lanetalk and its licensees, designees, including Sponsor, and their successors and assigns to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each participant and winner regarding the Contest for advertising, marketing, promotional and other business purposes without notice or additional compensation. Each participant hereby irrevocably grants to Lanetalk and its licensees, designees, including Sponsor, and their successors and assigns, and those acting with its authority, the perpetual, unrestricted, irrevocable, unconditional, sublicensable, transferable, assignable, absolute, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use entrant’s name, address (city and state), photograph, likeness, voice, biographical and personal background information, statements, and Contest entry, and, without limitation, any notes, photograph, film, or video or audio tape, recordings that may be taken of entrant or of such materials (the foregoing, collectively, the “Content”), without further compensation, consideration, or notice or permission to entrant or to any third party, and to reproduce, copy, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, exhibit, distribute, transmit or broadcast, publicly or otherwise, or otherwise use and permit to be used the Contest or any part thereof, whether alone or in combination with other materials (including but not limited to text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, and graphics, video or audio segments of any nature), in any media or embodiment now known or hereafter developed (including but not limited to any format of any computer-based, Internet-based, electronic, magnetic, digital, laser or optical-based media), in connection with any Lanetalk and its licensees, designees, including Sponsor, and their successors and assigns advertising, promotion, publicity, trade, sweepstakes or contest promotions, activities, or materials.
Participants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Lanetalk, Sponsor, its designees, licensees, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors and any person or entity acting on behalf of, through or associated with any of the foregoing (“Released Parties”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Lanetalk is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or events beyond reasonable control of Lanetalk. Participants who do not comply with these Contest rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Participants and winners will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from any claims, actions, proceedings, disputes, damages, loss, liability, costs, penalties or expenses of any kind (including reasonable outside attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from or in connection with any breach or alleged breach by participant/winner of their representations, warranties, covenants and/or obligations hereunder, and any acts or omissions undertaken by any of them in connection with the Contest.
13. Additional Terms. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Lanetalk with proof that such person is the winner. Lanetalk and its licensees, designees, including Sponsor, and their successors and assigns, and their marketing, promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Lanetalk reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest for any reason with or without notice, including if in its sole discretion it determines virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the integrity, administration, security, fairness or proper conduct or functioning of the Contest. Lanetalk reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, is in the best interests of the Contest. Lanetalk may prohibit a participant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said participant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Lanetalk representatives or otherwise impairs or harms, or threatens to impair or harm, Lanetalk’s business and operations. Lanetalk hereby licenses and transfers all benefits and rights afforded to Lanetalk hereunder to Sponsor which license and transfer is perpetual, unrestricted, irrevocable, unconditional, sublicensable, transferable, assignable, absolute, royalty-free, and worldwide. Sponsor shall be deemed a third party beneficiary to the rights and benefits of Lanetalk hereunder with the ability to enforce the same.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, LANETALK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York or, for participants residing outside of the United States, by the district court of Stockholm, Sweden; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. For participants residing in the United States, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Lanetalk in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. For participants residing outside of the United States, these contest rules shall be governed by the substantive laws of Sweden, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Participant agrees that remedies for any breach of these Rules by Lanetalk will be limited to an action for damages and in no event will participant be entitled to rescind or terminate these Rules or to seek any injunctive or other equitable relief of any kind.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LANETALK, SPONSORS, ITS AFFILIATES OR LANETALK REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT OR WINNER FOR ANY LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY SPECIAL, GENERAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, ECONOMIC, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOST SAVINGS, OR LOSSES ARISING FROM BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, THE PRIZES OR THE DELIVERY THEREOF. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency or ambiguity between these Rules and another document or instrument, the terms of these Rules shall govern and control. Lanetalk shall be entitled to seek equitable relief, including injunction and specific performance, as a remedy for any actual or threatened breach by participant of his/her obligations under these Rules (without proof of actual damages or harm, and not subject to any requirement for the securing or posting of any bond in connection therewith) in a court of competent jurisdiction. If and to the extent that any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction holds any provision of these Rules to be unenforceable in a final non-appealable order, such unenforceable provision shall be stricken and the remainder of these Rules shall not be affected thereby. Abiding by these Rules constitutes a personal obligation of the participant and may not be delegated to, assigned to or assumed by another individual. If any provision or provisions of these Rules are held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired. These Rules represent the entire understanding of the parties regarding the Contest, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or negotiations, whether oral or written, implied or express. Any modification to these Rules requires a writing signed by an authorized of Lanetalk. These Rules may be amended, modified or otherwise changed from time to time by Lanetalk in its sole and absolute discretion. The posting of such Rules, as amended, modified or otherwise changed, and participant’s continued participation in the Contest shall constitute participant’s acceptance and agreement to be bound by such Rules, as amended, modified or otherwise changed. The benefits and rights of Lanetalk hereunder may be assigned, transferred and/or conveyed in whole or in part at any time without prior notice. The obligations hereunder are personal to participant and may not be assigned by participant and any such assignment shall be null and void ab initio.
15. List of Winners.To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within ten days after expiration of the Contest Period to: Lanetalk, attn: Tournament administration, Virkesvägen 12, 120 30 Stockholm, Sweden.
16. Confidentiality. Each participant agrees that any and all information that participant receives or becomes aware of related to the Contest, including results or outcomes of the Contest and the names of participants or winners, is confidential. Participant will not disclose such information to any other person or entity for any purpose whatsoever. Participant understands and agrees that all publicity in connection with the Contest is under the sole control of Lanetalk and agrees to the following terms and conditions of confidentiality and publicity: PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION IS CONFIDENTIAL AND THE EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY OF LANETALK. PARTICIPANT WILL NOT AT ANY TIME, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, DIVULGE IN ANY MANNER, OR USE OR PERMIT OTHERS TO USE, ANY OF THE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION UNLESS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED BY LANETALK IN WRITING. Starting the date participant agrees to these Rules through to three (3) years thereafter, participant will not make any statements or communication about the Contest or participation therein without the prior written consent of Lanetalk. Participant will use best efforts to be available and will participate as Lanetalk or Sponsor may require in connection with promotion, marketing, advertising, publicity, interviews and similar matters in connection with the Contest (e.g., appearing on news shows, morning shows, talk shows, specials, reunion show[s] featuring participants in the Contest, participating in promotional spots and materials and photo shoots, appearing in institutional advertising, appearing in commercial and promotional tie-ins in connection with the products or sponsor of the Contest). Participant shall not advertise or promote participation in the Contest or receive or generate any monetary advantage from participation in the Contest, nor shall participant authorize any others to do so, on participant’s behalf. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, participant shall not publicize, prepare or assist in the preparation of any written, audio or visual work that depicts, concerns or relates in any way to participant’s appearance on or participation in or in connection with the Contest.
17. Recorded Information. Participant acknowledges and agrees that Lanetalk shall have the right to use all information about participant that is either provided to Lanetalk by participant, or is revealed or said by participant or any other person in connection with the Contest and participant may perform actions or make statements that participant or others may consider to be personal, private, or unfavorable, or may have third parties make statements about participant which may cause participant to be viewed unfavorably. Participant understands and agrees that Lanetalk shall have the rights to: (a) include any such information and any such appearance, depiction, portrayal, actions and statements and information sets as edited by Lanetalk, and in any and all forms of advertisements, promotions and publicity in connection with the Contest; and (b) broadcast, exhibit and otherwise exploit the Contest and the advertisements, promotions and publicity containing any such information and any such appearance, depiction, portrayal or actions. To the extent such recorded information constitutes personal data, Lanetalk’s processing of the data (e.g. how the personal data is used and the legal basis for such use) is set out in Lanetalk’s applicable privacy statement. Participant understands and acknowledges that participant’s appearance in such recordings as part of the Contest does not fall under the jurisdiction of any SAG or AFTRA agreements (whether or not participant may be a member of either such guild). Participant’s appearance and participation in any aspect of the Contest is not a performance, and participant is not portraying any role or part or taking direction as a performer, but are appearing as himself or herself. Participant’s appearance and participation in the Contest is as a non-performer only, and is not employment, and does not entitle participant to wages, salary or other compensation under any collective bargaining agreement or otherwise.